The Ward House was built in 1893 for Presley Ward. The home was owned by his descendants until 2006 when it was purchased by the current owner.
Presley Ward came to Texas in the 1850s as a young man. He actively bought and sold real estate throughout his life. He also owned a cattle ranch south of Sealy.
Much of the Ward family history is known.
Many off the personal documents, including the family Bible, are in the possession of the current owner. The current owner also has many family photographs, scrapbooks and other personal records of the Ward family.
The Ward House was one of the earliest homes built in Sealy and certainly one of the most elegant.
The house retains its original windows, doors, hardware and flooring.
All of the wood in the house, including the flooring, is longleaf heart pine.